About Trick-or-Treat on the Square
Trick-or-Treat on the Capitol Square is a free family-friendly event that celebrates the best of the fall season in the heart of the Capital City - downtown Lansing.
Trick-or-Treat on the Square made its debut in 2008 and has become the premiere Halloween event in the region. The event is coordinated by Downtown Lansing Inc.’s Promotions Committee.
The iconic Capitol grounds facing Capitol Ave. transforms into a gathering place for spook-tacular fall fun on the Monday before Halloween, Monday October 28, from 5-7:30 p.m., offering little ghouls and goblins a safe place to haunt this Halloween.
In addition to collecting Halloween treats at candy stations on the Capitol Lawn, attendees can enjoy refreshments of cider and donuts, dance to Halloween-themed classics, be entertained by stilt walkers and more! Please leave dogs at home for this event.
We hope to see you and your family at Trick-or-Treat on the Capitol Square 2019!
Looking for more of an adult experience?
Businesses along Washington Square are staying open later, offering fall/Halloween themed food and drinks specials just for you, bringing even more fun Trick-or-Treat experiences to the streets of downtown Lansing!
The List Includes:
- EnVie: 210 S. Washington Sq. has an all new Fall menu featuring the ultimate in delicious comfort foods, along with fall-themed cocktails. Plus, Monday is $10 Burger day! Open until 9:00 p.m.
- Kelly's Irish Pub & Restaurant: 220 S. Washington Sq., open late late and offering your favorite pub-style food!
- Kewpees: 118 S. Washington Sq., Home of the famous olive burger, a downtown icon, bring the whole gang down to eat anytime before 6:00 p.m.
- Midtown Brewing Company: 402 S. Washington Sq. New menu items added and plenty of seasonal brews! Open until 12 a.m.
- Summit Comics & Games: 216 S. Washington Sq., Don't miss out on their upcoming FREE comic book day! Stroll through their huge selection of comic books, games, action figures and more! Open until 7pm!
- Tavern & Tap: 101 S. Washington Sq., Tappy Hour happens from 3-6 p.m., featuring $4.95 select apps and call drinks, $4 House Wines & Select Drafts. Make sure you try their cocktail of the week, which is sure to be devilishly delicious! Open until 11:00 p.m.
- Troppo: 111 E. Michigan Ave., Happy Hour happens from 3-6 p.m. Try their seasonal cocktail menu, including cider drinks, pumpkin beer and more! All pair perfectly with any Troppo dinner item! Open until 10p.m.
- Taps 25: 414 E. Michigan Ave. Open until 2 a.m., Taps 25 has some all new fall festive beers on tap including the Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela, as well as a Sour Pumpkin Ale. Their Good Pizza Pie deal is not to be missed - includes a full pizza and pitcher of beer for just $25!